Thursday, 11 October 2018

Digital Passport

Workshop 2 Years 5-6

This workshop talked about how the digital world is global and we need to embrace change. It listed many digital devices that we already use today in our everyday lives. It made me think how relevant and just in time teaching this is for us teachers using the Digital Passport as our professional development this term. I found this workshop very interesting as I learnt about how computers use a binary system and how bites are used to form pictures. I learnt more about Scratch like Walkthroughs to help us understand if our code will behave as expected, I have been doing this myself but didn't know the name. I have been accessing the additional learning and the Stop Motion Module has really interested me. I learnt about how Stop motion is an animation technique that uses still images, different frame rates and variations in the movements of images to create different visual effects. I thought about how we could do workshops with the children and come back and share the animations they have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment