Workshop 1 Years 1-3
I agree that children are racing ahead with technology and we need to be upskilling our learning in this field. I think it is great to be doing the Digital Passport now to get us ready for 2020 when it is compulsory to implement this new curriculum in primary schools. I agree it is our duty to prepare children for a world where digital tools and new technologies are integrated into every aspect of life. I found the Digital Passport easy to use and enjoyed listening to the testimonies of experts in their fields. It was great how you could watch some videos and then come back at a later time to continue on your journey.
I have learnt that computational thinking is a specific thought process that involves formulating problems and their solutions. Algorithms are a step by step process that helps you reach a solution to a problem. Debugging is a process of trouble shooting problems. We test and update solutions until we reach a desired end result. I have also learned about inputs, processing and outputs. I was familiar with Scratch which is a child friendly block based coding website used to teach coding. I have been joining in on Code Club with the Juniors on Fridays and have enjoyed learning along side the children how to use Scratch. I think it is great for the children to start learning coding already and look forward to taking lessoons in our Hub eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment