Sunday, 5 November 2017
Play, eat, learn
The sandwiches in the morning is going well. Sometimes I see the children who need to be having them opting out. We have seniors making the sandwiches sometimes it is a struggle for them to get it done before school starts which changes our programme, we have to come back after phonics to get bread on the way to reading. The drink bottles sometimes lose their labels and the children sometimes pick them off so we have had to have another session putting labels back on. It is good having them easily accessed in the classroom. The dishwasher also washes off the labels on the lids. The children like having their own drink bottle in the classroom, some children bring another one in their bags. I am finding that the children's behaviour in the afternoon is more difficult than the morning. I like having play first as the children are not worried about eating fast to get to the playground. Some children say they are hungry at playtime. I like eating outside afterwards as the classroom doesn't get so messy. I like community time, some children need to be encouraged to join others and have a chat. I am finding that children are still wanting to go to the toilet a lot. I like fruit snack in the afternoon where we can have community time or read a story. Fitness is good in the afternoon this is when the children need the break more. I think it is much better adding more time onto the middle block, writing and maths is in this block, the extra time is definately needed. Overall I think it is all going well just a few problems to work on. I look forward to seeing the results when we have stuck to the routines for a good few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with your comments on Play, eat, learn. Well done for organising seniors to assist with the sandwiches. Eating outside has been well received and the children enjoy it. I love the community time also as you get opportunities to chat with individual.
ReplyDelete