Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Collaboration

This is the first school that I have taught collaboratively. I can see many benefits to collaboration:
-Students having a range of teachers sharing their knowledge, skills, passions
-Proximity teaching-learning from other teachers
-Sharing successes/problems-finding a solution together
-Planning together
-Resource sharing
-Catering to the students needs better/workshops
I have found the best way is to jump in and get started. I like how the teachers are encouraged to try out new ideas. I feel I have the support of my collegues and just want to give it a go. I have found some children to be anxious at the start but once the process is underway they are enjoying the different approach to their learning. I am very happy to be here at the start of the collaboration process for the junior school. I have learnt so much.We started with reading and maths Terms 3/4 last year. This year we have them both up and running again. We are working on our routines, the little things do matter to make it all run smoothly. (e.g resource placement) We are going to look at writing collaboration next as our inquiry topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment