Monday, 27 February 2017

Phonics Course

I recently attended a phonics course run by Yolanda Soryl. I have wanted to go on a phonics course for a long time as I have no formal training in the subject and every school I have taught at was doing a different programme. I really enjoyed the course and was amazed at the amount of information that was packed into the one day course. I liked how she went through each stage and modelled the steps. There were alot of resources she shared and many were on her own website. I have now started teaching from the phonics booklet I have recieved and hope to add into the day many of her word games. I have been watching her utube clips and find them very helpful. Step by step she goes through the lesson with a group of students. I am currently working on stage 4 as this is what I am teaching in the classroom. I feel more confident teaching phonics and excited about trying new ideas with the children.

Yolanda Soryl's Website

Phonics Stage 4 Yolanda Soryl

No comments:

Post a Comment