Wednesday, 22 November 2017

Praying in Colour

My colleague suggested we pray in colour one day and I had never heard of this before. I was very interested and questioned her how this process worked. As soon as I heard about it I wanted to do it in my classroom. We as a syndicate had been thinking about other ways we could do prayers in the mornings. I tried it out this week and the children really enjoyed it. They could draw anything they wanted I encouraged drawing their feelings or things they wanted to thank God for. The children were very engaged, singing, moving with the music and drawing. When we had to finish the children wanted to continue. I suggested to our syndicate leader for it to be a regular activity and she agreed. I have since found a great website I intend to use, especially the templates. Lent is coming up and one of them would be perfect to pray in colour about (what they are going to give up or an extra thing they are going to do). I also have borrowed a book off a teacher to research more: Praying in Color Kids Edition By Sybil MacBeth. I have read about many different ideas on how to pray in colour and want to try them all out in the classroom: using a bible story as a focus, scripture passage, prayer list of people, tracing around your hand, calendar focus, tree of life, praise and worship prayer, forgiveness or confession prayer, gratitude or thanksgiving prayer, stillness prayer or a prayer about yourself. I am even encouraged to try this out myself at home. A new refreshing way to pray!

Useful Websites:

Praying in color Sybil MacBeth

Utube clip Praying in colour in action

Pinterest images     Pinterest images 2

Google Images



1 comment:

  1. It sounds as though Praying in Colour has been a highlight to your classroom prayers and I know the children loved it. Your enthusiasm was shared to our team and it was wonderful to have you instigate it for us to take part.

    ReplyDelete