Friday, 5 October 2018

The Ned Show

1st August

The Ned Show had a great message. The children were encouraged to set goals and accomplish them to be champions. The N in Ned stood for Never give up, the E for Encourage others and the D for Do your best. They talked about persistance, having a positive attitude, believing in yourself, bouncing back from setbacks, complimenting others, helping others and learning from our mistakes. I liked how the Show was paying it forward, we got the NED Show for free and then from the sale of the yo-yo's we will give the next show free to another school. It got me thinking how could we pay it forward in other ways as a school, a question I would like to ask the children for student voice. Recently we have collected cans and donated them to St Vincent De Paul as a ticket to come to their child's production. We teach the children in school to have a positive growth mindset. This year I have continued to teach my homebase to be PeliCANS (they can do everything if they give it a try). I think this really helps the children to do their best and know that it's o.k if we make a mistake it is how we learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment