Thursday, 4 October 2018
Network Meeting: Showcasing our Learning
Louise organised a Network Meeting with the Preschools that was held at our school on the 27th September. The focus this time was Showcasing your Learning. All the Preschools talked about their Learning Stories. I like the idea of Learning Stories for the children, I think we are using Linc Ed well to report on snapshots of learning at the moment. One of the Preschools mentioned they used an Ipad that the parents could access and look at what their children had been learning about that day. I thought this would be a good idea or even if we had a tv going every morning with a slideshow on it of what our children have been learning. This would be a good conversation starter with the parents and the children are so proud of their work and always want to share. Louise shared how we use Linc Ed to Showcase our learning and talked about our Maori Legend Production Showcase. She also summarised our Learning through Play Journey. As she was talking it dawned on me how far we have come and how many schools are at their beginning stages of Learning through Play like we were. We have had many visits from other schools to see our Learning through Play in action and I feel proud of what we have achieved. I realise this is a long journey but I am happy to be on this ride! I have learnt so much already and am looking forward to the next stage of the process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment