Sunday, 30 July 2017
Writing Presentation - Murray Gadd
I was very happy to hear we were going to a presentation by Murray Gadd. I have completed professional development workshops before with Murray and found him to be very inspiring. He talks about how important it is to get the children to independently write for at least 20 minutes each day. For my inquiry I have started independent diary writing every day after lunch which the children are very keen to do. I sometimes now will include speed writing which Murray suggests to increase their high frequency words. I will also try some open ended writing topics which will give the children more freedom in their writing choices e.g The first time I ever.. The scariest moment I ever had... I will use some of the picture books he suggests as great igniters for writing time. Later in the term I hope to do workshops with the children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment