This is the last day for my DFI course. I am glad that I did the course in person and got to meet so many great people across our cluster. It also gave me the opportunity to ask many questions that I had about technology and get the one to one help that I needed. We have enjoyed 9 weeks together learning from each other and sharing our practices with technology in the classroom. I have learnt so much over our time together. I am looking forward to implementing more that I have learnt gradually into the classroom setting. I have developed my confidence in using technology. Today I heard about all the opportunities for teachers through Manaiakalani and completed a feedback form on the course. Then I sat the Google Educator Level 1 Exam. I got through the test and had time at the end to go back and revisit the multi choice questions. I enjoyed doing the scenario questions, especially the forms and sites which I feel most confident in. It was definitely challenging and I am glad that I gave it a go. I feel I am happier now to google and find how to videos etc to help me work out how to complete new skills online by myself. Through the Cybersmart programme I have been doing with Sharon and the children I have developed my confidence using ipads. In particular using Explain Everything. It has been great to be doing the Cybersmart programme and DFI at the same time as I can transfer skills that we have been using into the classroom setting. I want to say a big thank you to the DFI team. They have done a great job, I would recommend this course to everyone. Thank you for answering all my questions and making sure I had secure knowledge of the different google tools we were using.
Here is a picture of me working on the exam today.
This is a picture of our DFI team this term. (T2 2021)

No comments:
Post a Comment