Tuesday, 12 May 2020
Getting Connected Interviews 2020
Kakano Hub had Getting Connected Interviews with parents on the 3rd and 4th of February this year. I think these interviews are a fantastic idea. It is a great way to get connected with children and parents before school starts. I find out lots of important background information about the child including their talents, interests, hopes and goals for the year. They get to explore the hub and get familiar with their surroundings. This helps the child to feel less anxious on the first day of school. It is a great chance for the parents to voice any concerns on a one to one basis and let us know about any issues, requirements, medical information etc for the child. On the first day of school the children were very happy coming in to Learning Through Play. They happily greeted their teachers and were content having had the opportunity to ask their questions beforehand and put their mind at ease. The parents had more time to spend with their child and other parents before they left their child for the first time. It made for a smooth transition to school for the beginning of the year. I find these Connected Interviews very valuable and would like to see more of them throughout the year. I think these kinds of interviews will keep the parents informed with up to date knowledge of their child's learning and well being and keep the connections to our community close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment